Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pink papaya salad

I found an interesting variation on papaya salad! Just one small red beet shredded up along with the green papaya tints it a gorgeous pink color and adds a sweetness that really goes well with the spice. I think I might even like this better than the original version. Also--here's a bonus recipe for easy-peasy salmon: take your filets and let them sit skin-side up for about 5 minutes in a baking dish covered with a mixture of equal parts orange juice, soy sauce and olive oil (and maybe a teensy pinch of fresh minced garlic and ginger if you happen to have it on hand). Flip them over so the skin-side is down, cover the top with sesame seeds (I use a mixture of black and white), and roast quickly at 400 degrees for just 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness of your salmon. So delicious and easy.By the way, I found this wine at Whole Foods and it was awesome with the super-spicy papaya salad.

No comments: