Sunday, August 23, 2009

Goat cheese & summer tomato pizza

My August tomato bounty resulted in a delicious goat cheese pizza! This recipe does not include any red sauce--instead it is layered with however many different types of tomatoes you feel like slicing up. I used the same dough recipe as when I made pizza last time, but I added a little less water and a little more olive oil so it came out more crackery or flatbread-like. It worked well with the simple goat cheese-basil/arugula-tomato topping, although I rolled it thinner this time and so needed to keep a good eye on it while baking to beware of burning. After rolling it out and stretching over my baking sheet, I sprinkled about 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese all over the surface of the dough.I sliced zebra and plum tomatoes into thin 1/4" rounds before laying them out over the goat cheese crumbles.Here it is before baking, with a mixture of arugula and basil (mostly basil) scattered over the cheese and tomatoes. I also added a drizzle of olive oil and a very light sprinkle of salt and pepper right before I put it in the oven.Baked at 350 for about 10 - 12 minutes--those perfect summer tomatoes get really sweet in the oven. Easy peasy.

No comments: